Thursday, June 28, 2012

Journeys

In my last post, I made mention of my family's annual road trip.  This year we ventured to Monterey Aquarium, Crater Lake National Park, Coastal Redwoods National Park and State Parks, and Lassen Volcanic National Park.  We camp most nights, but spent a few in a hotel in Monterey and stayed in a camper cabin in Crater Lake. 
The natural beauty we saw along the way was truly inspiring.  I saw colors at the Monterey Bay Aquarium I would never have thought occur in nature.  Same thing at Crater Lake, that water is so dark blue in some places and cerulean turquoise along the shores.  The large trees of the coastal redwoods allow gorgeous shadows of golden yellow light.  Really, the whole trip was hugely rejuvenating and inspiring.
I cannot wait to scrap some of the gorgeous pictures.
Below are some of my favorites.  I took over 500, so it is really hard to pick just a few...

Monterey Aquarium
Gorgeous Pink and Green Anemones Gently Sway


Really?! Florescent Pink in Nature?


Crater Lake
Crater Lake and Wizard Island



Stunning Blues and Greens


Reflections like flower petals

Oregon's Beauty

Roadside Waterfall in Southern Oregon

Mossy Rock at a Roadside waterfall

Coastal Redwoods (Del Norte, Gold's Bluff Beach, and Jedediah Smith)

Wow, those are tall
Yes, elk wondered two feet from our tent at Gold's Bluff Beach!
Smith River


Super Clear Waters of the Smith River


Lasesen Volcanic National Park

Lake Manzanita and Lassen Peak
Turquoise waters off Lassen Peak Trail
These colors of turquoise, cobolt, bright pink, and lemony greens have inspired me deeply.  I cannot wait to see my travel album.  I hope to share that with you soon. 

1 comment: