Thursday, January 17, 2013

Baby Boy Card

Not so Baby-ish Baby Card

The recipients of this baby card are not the "cute baby card" type of people.  The card needs to be edgier and more hip.  So I opted for using a paper designed for older boys, somehow it is perfect for this family.  I chose a Simple Stories Awesome 6 x 6 pad for the patterned paper.  The cardstock is from scraps.  There is some Bazzil (cream and brown), there is some Stampin' Up (Orange).  Not sure about the teal.  The ribbons are both from Stampin' Up.  The letter stickers are from Prima.
To add a gift card, there is an envelope on the inside of the card.  I made it over sized because gift cards are such varied shapes and sizes these days.
The ribbon makes it a bit thick to send through the mail, but this one is to be delivered by hand.
There are many layers on this card.  The flags on the front of the card are cut from My Favorite Thing's First Place Award Ribbon Die-namics.  I love how versatile that set is.  I have made flowers from it, pendants, flags, and, of course, first place ribbons.
I even decorated the envelope!

3 comments: