Friday, July 12, 2013

Bohemian Bazaar Book



 
Bohemian Bazaar Book
I have taken a bit of a break from creating and posting.  But I am back with new mojo and a few new projects I cannot wait to share.
First, a book I made with Graphic 45's Bohemian Bazaar.  This paper is a bit challenging to work with.  The bright colors and loud patterns made it difficult for me, too, but something about them reminded me of my youth.  By using the smaller patterns and cardstock, this book is still vibrant, but more restful on my eyes.  I think it turned out pretty beautiful in the end, if I do say so myself.


The book is made from 2,
5" x 5" Heavy Duty Canvases
The book started with two 5" x 5" heavy duty canvases.  I painted them both green and added a bit of ink to add depth to that. 

Canvas is lined with wood making
a neat window in the back of the canvas
 
Check Out the Windows on Each Cover
The book is assembled by sewing three signatures together with the Coptic stitch.  Each signature is two pieces of 4.75" x 9.5" Bazzil cardstock, folded in half and sewn in the middle.

Wallpapering the canvas sides and covering the wood on the interior cover make a fun window for a family photo.  Pictures from our recent road trip will be added soon: a little project for my niece and I to work on over the summer.  Look to future postings to see it fully embellished with photos.


The Binding Is Hidden


 Ribbon Closure

Neat-o Window Inside Each Cover

 

2 comments:

  1. I love this. Make sure to post to the G45 Ning gallery or their facebook page!

    ReplyDelete