Friday, December 7, 2012

Xmas Box o Cards and Tags

Office Gifts that Are Fun to Make


 
I got together with a good group of friends and scrappers last week and one girlfriend was working on these gift boxes with an acetate window to show off the cards and tags inside.  It was so cute, I had to make my own version.  Of course, I could have found the directions online, but I always like to fiddle and play and create my own patterns (and lots of mistakes along the way...LOL).  So after making a couple different versions, I came up with this one made from 8 1/2" x 11" cardstock.  I also raided my stash for some old favorite xmas papers.  Theresa Collins' Christmas line from a year or two ago, Noel.  It is still beautiful and elegant.
 
 
I filled one section with four embossed cards.  In another section, I put sayings for the cards.  They say Happy Birthday on one side and Thanks on the other.  I also added a couple blanks.  In addition, there are directions and some foam adhesive to adhere them to the cards. 
 
 
 
The last section is filled with gift tags for the Holidays.  For these I used Papertrey Ink's Party Poppers stamp set.  I love the tiny phrases and amazingly delicate designs that stamp up beautifully! The die is Stampin' Up Framelets Labels nesting dies.  Such an elegant shape for a tag.


 
These were so fun to create, I am going to give them as teacher gifts.  Off to create a couple more...

3 comments:

  1. Super gift! I want to make one of the boxes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love how these turned out Chris! - lucky teachers.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm getting caught up going backwards through your posts, but I just love these sets! Love the instructions for finishing them off and giving the option of making birthday or thank you cards is perfect!

    ReplyDelete