Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Art Therapy Courtesy of Graphic 45
Some of you may know, but I have a tricky back that causes regular leg pain and weakness.  Occasionally, I need to use a cane for walking and standing.  This is greatly frustrating for an otherwise healthy 40 year-old woman.  Plus, does anyone like the ugly, mechanical, and industrial look of most medical devises?  Not ME!

To soften the pain of having to carry this unappealing devise, I decided to cover it in Graphic 45's Olde Curiosity Shoppe patterned papers.   It seems appropriate to have the cane lined with bottles to bring about the idea of the cane being a medicine. 
I know I have said this before, but this line of paper is so inspiring!  I love Graphic 45's Olde Curiosity Shoppe!!!


I started by pulling the end off the bottom of the cane.  Then I sanded all the metal on the cane.  The next step was to cover it with Mod Podge and the patterned papers.  I cut out the holes for adjusting the height of the cane.



Hopefully, this will soften the blow of having to rely upon the cane. 
The goal is that
people will talk to me about how I decorated my beautiful cane, instead of talking about my cursed back.
 



No comments:

Post a Comment