Thursday, May 3, 2012

I have been encouraged to be more active in my posts to my blog.  Here it goes. 
Despite my lack of posts, I have been creating.  In particular, I have found inspiration in Graphic 45's Olde Curiosity Shoppe papers and stamps.  In a simple phrase, I love them! 
The papers and stamps have given me the idea to work on a book about the many parts of myself.  Somehow I really identify with that wind up doll image.  I feel like her, crooked and need a little winding up every once in awhile. 
I also used some SU cardstock covered wth Mod Podge curling back to reveal the images underneath.  It looks like leather, in person...way cool!  I also used some Tim Holtz Glossy Accents, Rock Candy Paint, and metal embellishments.  The flowers were made using the Royal Rolled Rose die from My Favorite Things. 
Since the book will be a big project., I am posting images of things as I work on them.  Here is the cover of the book and really the photo doesn't do it justice.  It has tons of dimention and is over two inches thick.
 


I had to include a few close ups to show the details.  I stamped the frog in a jar stamp in Bamboo Momento ink onto canvas.  Then I colored it with Copic markers (G21, G24, BG15, BG0000, YR21, an YR23) and tied a little baker's twine around canvas jar.  Note how I slit the dress, so the jar is actually layered underneath the doll's dress. 
The bottles were cut out of the Olde Curiosity Shoppe paper, colored with BG15 and covered in either Glossy Accents or Rock Candy.  In real life, they look way cooler than the photo shows. 
As an added bit of fun, if you pull at the "Speciman" part, the whole area moves to the right and left, also. I love a little play in all of my creations.


See all the layers of stuff?  The rose is the Royal Rose die from MFT.  I cut it, rolled it, and mounted it on a square.  I curled the edges of that paper and mounted it on a tag.  Then I edged the tag in some lace from my stash.  I love the layers and dimention. 


 I made these bottles the same as the above bottles, cut from patterned paer and covered with Copics and Glossy Acents or Rock Candy.  The body image is also cut from Olde Curiosity Shoppe patterned paper.  I highlighted it with some Copics (YR21, YR 23, BG15, G21, and R89).  I touched the tip of YR21 to the R89 to pick up a bit of the darker red color, then used that to color the heart and kidneys.  I like how it gives it a bit of a blurry, creepy tone.  I finished off the body image with a tag attached with baker's twine.  Then I mounted them on a couple layers of glue dots to raise it up a bit.


To add a more dimention to the page, I colored the leg with Copic G21 and the glass bottle around it BG0000.  Then I covered it with Glossy Accents.  It made the color move a bit, but I like the affect. 

I love the rolled rose.  I haven't seen anyone layer up the paper, so we'll say I invented the technique (although, I am sure someone else has tried this).  I used MFT Royal Rose die to cut out card stock in olive, rust, and teal.  I started rolling just he rust rose and after I rolled for about a cm or two, I added in the olive.  After rolling another cm or two, added in the teal rose.  After the glue was really dry, I pulled, folded, and ran my fingernails along the edges of the rose to loosen the paper and curl the petals back. I love how it turned out!

I will post more as I finish the pages of the book.  Right now I am obsessing over shrink plastic bottles using the jar stamps from the Olde Curiosity Shoppe stamps.  Look for those in an upcoming post.


4 comments:

  1. Yeah- I so love this project... happy you dusted off the blog so you can share all your amazing creativity! (I'm a follower!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You talented girl! You should be in blog world! Love your project!

    ReplyDelete
  3. love this project & can't wait to get a peek at it in real life!

    ReplyDelete